Without further adieu...Emily's Crazy Chocolate Cake...adapted from allrecipes.com.
- 2 c. boiling water
- 1 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-3/4 c. garbanzo bean flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 2-1/4 c. white sugar
- 3 duck eggs (I found these at a local, natural food co-op)
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, pour boiling water over cocoa, whisk 'til smooth and set aside to cool down.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, oil and sugar together.
- Beat in eggs, one a time, and then stir in vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually, alternating with the cocoa mixture.
- Pour into pan and bake for about 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- 3 T butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-5 T water
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Beat together the butter and vanilla extract.
- Add powdered sugar gradually, alternating with water.
- Keep adding sugar and water until you get the desired amount of frosting.
- Frost the now cooled cake.