July 18, 2008

Grilled Chicken with Havarti

I don't have a picture of this recipe (perhaps because I scarfed it down too fast), but you have to take my word that it is DELICIOUS and so easy!

Grilled Chicken with Havarti

- Two boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Italian salad dressing (Bernstein’s Restaurant Recipe Italian is the best)
- Two slices of Havarti cheese

Place (thawed) chicken breasts in a shallow dish and coat both sides of chicken with Italian dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (more if you’d like).

Once the chicken is done marinating, heat outdoor grill to medium-high heat (around 350 degrees if it has a thermometer). Lightly oil the grill with non-stick spray. Place the chicken breasts directly on the grill and close grill cover.

Check after about 7 minutes and flip chicken to the other side. Continue grilling until chicken is done (no pink!). Flip chicken to the opposite side and top each with a slice of Havarti, being careful that it doesn’t hang over the sides too far. Cover grill for one minute and check to see if the cheese is melted.

Serve with a side of grilled vegetables.

Grilled vegetable ideas: place slices of red bell pepper, zucchini, butternut squash, onions, cherry tomatoes, or other desired vegetables, into a grill basket or wrap in double-foil. Place directly on the grill while the chicken is cooking. If using foil, be sure to add a splash of olive oil to the vegetables to prevent sticking.

This is so moist and delicious.. you will love it. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Alatariel Anwamane said...

These sound GREAT! I LOVE to barbeque, so I think I'm going to try this.

PS: is this an open blog? I have some GREAT recipes I'd like to share...if that's OK. If not, that's cool, too!

Christine said...

haha! I hate when I make something great and then I eat it before I remember to take a picture!

sounds yummy!

Jamie @ Bungalow Bee said...

I meandered over here from PW's blog. The chicken recipe sounds yummy. Might have to try that. How did you do your title at the top of the page? I'm new to Blogger but have a creative twitch and it's bugging me that I can't personalize anything! :)

Serendipity said...

Ahhhh....Havarti!!!!! That is THE MOST delicious DANISH cheese eVeR! Thanks for sharing your recipe!!! I'll be trying this one out soon!!!